I finally finished my big banner PROJECT (that was for you, Michele) featuring all of the latest Moonlight Whispers and Emilie's Etchings images from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps' August release. It was a labor of love, but I'm thrilled with the results and can't wait to show it off to you!
Here's a look at the full banner:
And here it is, in sections:
And – possibly my favorite image from the release – Magical Mathilda...
For spacing purposes, I needed another image to work with. Since we were a little short on testosterone, I invited Horace (a previously released image) to the party...
And here's Batty and Catty...
and last, but not least, Frank n' Kitty...
Isn't that fun? When I finally finished it, I announced to the family that they'd better like it, because it's going to be hanging in our living/family room for the next two months and five days! Here's how it looks, inside (I took the previous photos outside to take advantage of the natural light. You know why people always say that photos turn out better when the subjects are bathed in natural light? Because it's true):
A few details, for those of you interested in that kind of stuff:
- The pennant triangles were created with The Cat's Pajamas' Pennant CutUps dies.
- For the letter panels, I made the letters using my Cricut and the Opposites Attract cartridge (STILL haven't figured out how to use it with Sure Cuts A Lot and download SVG files off the internet. One of these days...). The rosettes behind each letter were made using The Cat's Pajamas' Easy Rosette CutUps die. I couldn't make a rosette without that die if my life depended on it!
- I hand-stitched around the edges of each scalloped pennant panel with embroidery floss, black on the image panels and orange on the letter panels.
- The buttons connecting the panels are actually a bunch of clear buttons I had in my stash. I cut out 2 cm circles of the purple glitter paper with my Cricut using the George/Basic Shapes cartridge. Then, I covered the circles with red-line sticky dots from Jody Morrow's Sticky Stuff Store, leaving the liners on top so I could punch holes in the centers with my Crop-A-Dile. Next, I removed the liner from the sticky dots and lined them up with the holes on the buttons. Almost-instant glittery purple buttons! (It was a lot easier than it sounds.)
- I connected the pennant panels by punching holes in the corners, threading them with a 5" length of orange & black gingham ribbon, threading the ends of the ribbon with a button, and tying the ribbon off. Then, I trimmed the ends.
- The patterned paper are 8.5"x11" sheets from Hobby Lobby's Paper Studio line. Can't remember their names and I don't have any left. I used about three sheets of each pattern.
- The images were stamped on Copic X-Press Blending Card Stock (I get mine from Your Next Stamp; Karen has it on sale right now for 15% off if you've ever been interested in trying it. Personally, I LOVE it) and then colored in with Copics. I trimmed them out then popped them up on the panels with Jody's foam boosters.
That's all, folks!
In other news, I'm headed out of town today for a fitness retreat (think hard work outs and healthy food, Biggest Loser style). If I learn anything brilliant, I'll definitely share when I get back home next week. I figure it'll be a variation of "Eat less, move more," but I'm hoping to come home with some insights that will help shore up my willpower and quell that little devil on shoulder that says "Come on, just one donut won't count... Now, how about something salty? etc." Wish me luck!