You know, I've always said that Karen Dedman (owner of Your Next Stamp) is the one of the sweetest peopl in the stamping industry. Do you want further proof? She has scheduled this release EXCLUSIVELY to celebrate one Carter Burrage's 11th birthday! Isn't that awesome of her? And since I'm his mom, Karen thought I should be the first and only person on this blog hop to wish him a "Happy Birthday!" (She doesn't want any of the other participating designers to steal my thunder and make me look lame in front of my own kid.) So, Happy Birthday, Carter! I love you!
Moving right along... Have you been hopping in order and leaving comments everywhere you go so that you have the best chances of winning the $25 YNS Gift Certificate? Oh, good. That makes everything so much easier. Then I don't have to tell you that the hop starts at the oh-so-crafty KYMONA's blog, and that you should have came this way via the super-talented SUE. I can just go straight to the cards.
First, I decided to shake it up with the frightfully delightful new TRICKY TONIC stamp set and coordinating dies. Take a look-see:
(I suppose the martini siggy might have something to do with it. No matter, I LOVE adult beverage sets, and TRICKY TONIC is one of the most fab I've seen in a long time. Even if I wasn't on the DT, I'd be snapping this one up in a jiffy! If these drinks tasted as good as they look, I'd be on a bender until Halloween, for sure. Good thing they don't, as I have the aforementioned 11 year old. Plus, stamping and drinking don't mix. Everything just gets a little... sloppy. What's not sloppy? These fun images:
Next up: I have a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. Are you paying attention? Good. Because you're hearing it here, first. PICKLES are the new pineapples! Don't believe me? Just take a look at this savory new stamp set, DILL-IGHTFUL, complete with coordinating dies:
I love this whole family, but I do believe the lil' gherkin is my favorite...
They're so cute, I just want to eat 'em up!
I'll add additional info about my cards and products used after the linky-list so that those of you who are anxious to keep hopping can do so. Next stop on the hop is that oh-so-amazing and thoughtful gal I was talking about earlier, YNS's founder/owner/fearless leader -- KAREN!
TRICKY TONIC card:
- This card measure 5"x5".
- The shaker was made using YNS's Circle dies, and Halloween Mix sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
- The panels behind the drinks were made with the same YNS Circle dies, and the Circles Stitching Marks die set.
- I used Key Lime Translucent Art Glitter to create the "sugared" rim on the martini glass.
- The skeleton mug has a couple of 4 mm Silly Eyes from Pretty Pink Posh.
- The black gumdrops are from YNS's brand new SPELLBOUND gumdrops.
- Patterned paper is from Doodlebug Design's Halloween Parade 6"x6" pad.
- This card measures 3.5" x 4.75" -- not a standard size, but large enough for a short little note. :)
- The image layer was created by using YNS's Stitched Rectangles die set.
- I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the part of the background layer, then made a "floor" for the pickles to stand on with a piece of gingham washi tape from Doodlebug Designs.
- The pickles are popped up on foam boosters, as is the image layer.
- The pickles were colored in with Copic Markers, then "dotted" with a colorless blender to give them a bumpy looking texture. I also highlighted some bumps with a Signo Opaque White pen.