Happy Saturday, friends!
I don't know about you, but I have been so sleepy lately. I think it's because I've started a new diet that's fairly strict. No discretionary eating or 'adult' beverages? Might as well call it a day and hit the sack early. Last night I was in bed by 9 something, and I'm pretty sure I'd still be sleeping right now if the air conditioner filter in my bedroom hadn't been clanging around (meaning it's dirty and needs to be cleaned; I've been waiting for DH to do it, but I fear this is a case of the old saying: wish in one hand and $h!t in the other. See which fills up faster... *sigh*).
Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the diet. I am DETERMINED this time! For real. I'm even drinking my coffee without creamer, which is HUGE and a first. The beach vacation was really a wake-up call for me.
Enough of my navel-gazing. Let's move on, shall we? How about we change the topic to this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge (#83): Cards for Little Peeps! The challenge -- hosted by the delightful DIANA (also known as Stampin' Nana Diana, MommaD, and real-life mother of Kimmie, herself! Isn't that just the coolest thing? That a mom and daughter share a hobby and that Kimmie has her mother on her design team? I love that and wonder what a relationship like that would be like. Maybe in my next life...) -- is just what it sounds like: make a card for a little person in your life!
Here's what I put together with my little niece Blair in mind (she'll be turning 2 next month):
What little girl doesn't love fairies? Even I did, as evidenced by being Tinkerbelle for Halloween one year. This particular fairy is TALLULAHBELLE from KKS's Moonlight Whispers line. I've been dying to ink up these sweet fairies since I got 'em, and I just love T's crazy hair cones/horns/whatever you want to call 'em. Same reason Malificent is my favorite Disney villain. But I digress. As usual.
To see more cards for little peeps, head on over to the KKS Challenge Blog. There, you'll also find out how you can win a set of four Steven Leary images plus Dancing Dylan (the image Diana is using this week). Hint: all you have to do is play along with us!
A few card details:
- Talullahbelle was colored with Copic Markers, then trimmed out and glued to the sky background.
- I created the sky background using my Copic airbrush system and air compressor, using the technique I learned from my buddy LEIGH
- I added Bonnie Blue and Lemone Tranparent Ultrafine Art Glitter to T's wings using a Quickie Glue Pen
- I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I switched out the thread in my sewing machine to a light yellow thread. Matchy-matchy!
- The purple and yellow Prima flower was a gift from my pal and fellow Krafty Girl MICHELE
- The banner die-cut for the sentiment was made using The Cat's Pajamas' Easy Rosette CutUps die, which includes the perfect sized banner for your 'skinnier' sentiments
- The sentiment is from Kimmie's Fairy Sentiments set
- I used this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch, #222
Okily-dokily, neighbors. Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back next week with lots of fun new images by The Cat's Pajamas as SNEAKY PEEK WEEK will be in session! Holla!
Stamps: Tallulahbelle and Kimmie's Fairy Sentiments by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps; Paper: patterened paper from Echo Park's Springtime 6x6 pad, Pure Plum (PTI), So Saffron (SU!), Copic X-Press blending paper; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, A Muse Studio Blackberry; Accessories: Easy Rosette CutUps die from The Cat's Pajamas, Nestabilities Labels Nine, Copic markers and airbrush system, Bonnie Blue and Lemone Transparent Ultrafine Art Glitter, Prima flower, gingham ribbon, sewing machine, foam boosters from Jody Morrow's Sticky Stuff Store.